~*because i got high....

Sunday, February 18, 2007

~*more food please...

Hello. It's the first day of chinese new year! Am I excited, not really.
Am I digging the long holidays, hell yeah! This is the 3rd day of my break.
So far, so good. No substance craving yet. A little indulgence right now would be really nice but nope, not craving yet.

Woke up this morning, feeling kinda odd. In the past, we'll all wake up on chinese New Year's morning at grandma's, a couple of hours drive away, to the sound of old, and i mean REALLY old chinese new year tunes blaring from grandma's opposite neighbour. The old guy (I just assumed he's old, but he must be!) has got some pretty good system, I must say, but it's the same ol tunes year in, year out.
This year though, it was a pretty quiet morning.
No sound of grandma's neighbour's kids running around.
No ol tunes blaring (not that I mind this bit), and no grandma to wish happy chinese new year to as she sits at the doorway in front of the house, waiting for us to come downstairs, wish her and receive our red packets from her.
Woke up in parents' place, in my room this morning not grandma's.
Grandma passed on less than a year ago.
And, old traditions will slowly move on with her, giving way to them new traditions soon.

I think I am going to have myself a really quiet one this year. I don't think I will be doing any open houses or visiting.

By the way, just caught Little Miss Sunshine. I've enjoyed it, thoroughly. The most disturbing part has to be the pageant kids all dressed and made up looking like little barbies/persons, acting all grownup-ish... freaky.
Can't people just let kids be kids while they ARE still kids?

3 Comments:

  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Drunken Master said…

    Wishing you a great New Year

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Noor Azlin Shah said…

    Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go... Dun sad2 yup.. yr grandma is surely in a better place now.. Enjoy yr holiday lenglui ;)

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger UnniSecra said…

    Belated New Year greeting to you. Hope you had a good holiday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home