~*because i got high....

Thursday, January 25, 2007

~*Virtual reality....

Breathe breathe... breathheee... arrr, fck it. The perils of being the female kind. (if you didn't get that... I ain't gonna explain it y'll...)

So, something happened... or didn't happen yesterday, that got me thinking about the sense of reality. What's real, and what might have seemed real. Started off with our IM... I mean info sharing :p session with my teammates, and we were discussing about some pretty heated topic, after which we got up to head out for lunch. And as I begin walking away from the cube. I stopped. I was confused and the mind was blank for a second. I asked my colleagues, did we just typed out our conversation or did I actually said those things out loud. Apparently I typed. It freaked me out to think that my reality could be blurred like that, even for a little while. Has anyone had episodes like that before? Or my nut case level just went up a notch?

Gawd...

Anyways, on a lighter note, first ever high school reunion’s coming up next week. Wasn't planning on going. Haven't been keeping in touch with the ex schoolmates, just a couple whose weddings I went to, and a few others I bumped into, at those weddings. Hasn't always been in the "in" crowd at school. Plus, I've changed quite a bit since school days and doesn't really share the same wavelength with... almost all whom I've hung out with. Thus, didn't really see the point of going (I never said I wasn’t a biartch :p) even after receiving a few text invites, until one of them called last night and made me a deal.

You see, there's a rumor going around (among that circle of friends, that is) right now that "someone", an old classmate, has been "admiring" me since way back and really wanting to meet me for ages. And, this friend who called last night promised to tell me who the person is, IF I promise to attend. What can I do? It IS, after all, a rumor about me. So, I promised, and she told me. And now I'll have to attend the said event and pretend that I don't know what I know, because I am not supposed to know, since the person who leaked it to her told her not to tell anyone, since He was told by... ahem..."my admirer" to not tell anyone. Get? :p

Gawd... Moral of the story here is, to NOT trust your high school mates with secrets like that. We were kids when we knew each other, what makes anyone think that things like that changes after ... 10 years? :p

4 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Drunken Master said…

    I met up with my high school buddies last month when I was visiting the area. We dredged up all the old crap from back then and behaved like we were still of that age. Very few evenings have been more fun...

    Like you say, confide in your friends at the risk of having the story/confession up on the Evening News. I learned that lesson the hard way.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Hanson said…

    ... from another perspective:

    It may have been your admirer's intention for the rumour to unintentionally reach your ears! (Did that cross your mind?)

    lol!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger blossoms_stoned said…

    hahaha... could be. So, Momma's joining you for the deal or no deal thing?

    How's the leg Mr Master boy? :)

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Drunken Master said…

    Much better, thanks. It hurts a little now and I'm still limping a bit, but it's not as distinct.

    I think I agree with Hanson, very possible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home