~*because i got high....

Friday, June 13, 2008

~*upgrading you...

I had decided to join another team. My application was pending the hr’s feedback, according to the boss of the other team. That was a week ago. There has been no updates/news since. And this week, we were all offered different “promotions” in our current bacon dept. and were required (read: pressured) to give our decision if we wanted to stay on or continue pursuing our applications to join other teams. Like what Princess Dande said, we Were happy yesterday morning. I Was happy yesterday morning. I was told that if I took the position offered, there will be monetary as well job band upgrade.

I was quite pleased, but I thought I had to speak to the boss to get some confirmation on that before jumping right into it, since, despite everyone’s opinion that I would be happier in non techie roles, I was excited and really looking forward to get into the other team. And yes, one of the reasons may be to get out of the current dept. but that’s not the entire reason. I Really do prefer talking to machines than human. To cut the story short, my happiness was short lived after chatting with the boss. Not only will the band not upgraded since I got an upgrade last year, the likelihood of a higher adjustment is pending on how pushy the boss is with the hr. It seems everything will depend on hr's approval. Yes, the hr that we all deem the worst we’ve seen. Our future happiness is in their hands. Sigh...

Still, I took the job. After all, someone once said a bird in hand is worth 2… flying around(?? I dunno...), right? I would gladly wait and pursue the other option if we had more time, but we had none apparently, or at least made to believe that we had none. The boss was submitting her new structure charts to the hr and we HAD to decide. So yeah, we had to decide. And I have decided. Was I thrilled? Pleased? Excited? Sadly, no. I’ve signed up for a job that I know nuts about. And the boss has high expectation for me in being along side the people who’ll be working to right the wrongs here, though most of whom are my gud buddies here. Sigh… on a brighter note, I’ll get a team of people whom I get to boss around soon. Haha. I am stressed.

Anyways, all that aside, it’s good to know that after declining to stay, again and again, eventhough I know that the boy next cube will always try to look out for me if I am in the same place as him (for whatever reason unbeknownst to me, but I am grateful for), he was still adamant in putting me in their new organizational chart, and the boss took a fair bit of time in explaining and clarifying the new job scopes and her visions etc., in hope that we will stay on. That for me is commendable. I appreciated it. Sigh… maybe a weekend away will takes some pressure off… I dunno… let’s hope so.

Note to self: I have to do the best with the new position. Failing, so not an option, else die lor...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home